Hoa Sen Trên Đá

An Trú Chánh Niệm Đằng Trước Mặt

Tháng Mười Một 22, 2017, 02:00:00 AM *
Chào Khách. Bạn có thể đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký.

Đăng nhập với Tên truy nhập, Mật khẩu và thời gian tự động thoát
Tin tức     1 người đang vào nhập cốc. Tổng số nhập cốc: 1. Thời điểm cùng nhập cốc nhiều nhất: 12:34 AM

Trang chủ diễn đàn   Trợ giúp Tìm kiếm Lịch Đăng nhập Đăng ký  
Trang: [1]   Xuống
  In  
Tác giả Chủ đề: Things to Consider before Meditation  (Đọc 7041 lần)
0 Thành viên và 1 Khách đang xem chủ đề.
Catherine Lestrange

Bài viết: 23

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« vào lúc: Tháng Năm 16, 2009, 10:37:46 PM »

If you ask me what is the meaning of life. I'll probably just ask you the same exact thing.
Life is a broad subject, but the question that you should have asked was what is the meaning of your life.
To fully understand meditation you have to understand who you are first. Listen to your thoughts, what you are thinking. If most of your thoughts are on love, ask yourself if its really worth picturing about the perfect man? Well I don't want to sound bias but your just wasting your time. Every human being wants love, they want somebody to hold, somebody to be intimate with. But if you think about it have you ever seen true love? Sure in books and movies, but in reality, love is a silent karma something that distracts us. I'm not telling you to not fall in love. I'm simply asking you to think about what other things you can do instead of dreaming about a lover and start thinking about more important things.
But love is a different story if your thinking about more complex things like your children, let's break love into different branches. Love is a very powerful thing that is beautiful but very avengence. It tears you down on all of you problems, you hurt yourself to help someone you love. But that's just all in the web of karma. So I'm just simply stating if you are a thinker or dreamer, consider this: Love is karma try your best to avoid the complexities of it by not having too many high expectations, your just letting karma clawing its way through your life, but of course love is something that everyone wants, so before you day dream meditate first and explore your needs and separate your wants or you will just end up hurting yourself.
If you think about the past and let it bother you and wear you down, I won't tell you to stop thinking about it. But I will ask you why are you thinking about it? Why are you letting a complication ruin your life. If it really bothers you that bad than just ask yourself why it happened, was it meant to be, go back to it, figure out what really haunts you, if you can fix it, do your best to fix it, if you can't, tell yourself you tried your best, forgive, move on. Live. Forget. Don't dwell on mistakes, learn and make tomorrow a better day. If you dwell on problems promise yourself tomorrow you will be a better person, you will grow wiser and stronger, you will attempt to find a solution, if you can't you will forgive yourself, forgive the problem, Know that you have done what you can do, and just move on. Don't promise me that, promise yourself that.
If you think about the past or the future. Don't. Think about now, the present, what can you do to help yourself. To help free your soul and live with no more remorse or sorrows. What can you do to understand the reason why you are living. To understand why you wake up every morning and go to bed every night.
Life is a game, a game you can never win, a game of karma against you. Everything you think or say depends on you so listen to this don't let little or big things bother you, don't dwell on your problems. Ask yourself what you can do to be a better person, control your thoughts, your tempers, your sorrows. Most of all control your actions and understand yourself. Understand why things happened and then understand that whatever you have done in the past has created you and who you are right now.
Understand that you are in control that you do have a mind. Do not underestimate what your brain can do. You can explore it in so many different ways with meditation.
Life is like a dream a very long dream and your just waiting to wake up. Funny I wish we could all wake up. But in a way I believe it is I use to always ask myself what's the point of this crazy cycle that we have here on this planet 'your born, go through childhood, school, work, raise a family, watch them get old, die, and than you start all over again.' Woo... fun cycle right. Well what you can do is to understand and help yourself by meditation and helping other people learn to meditate. Buddha didn't create Earth, no, we created earth. Karma created it. Because of what we have done in the past has led us to this life now. All we can do right now is to meditate, master meditation, teach others to meditate, and then free ourselves from this world.
Ask me anything I would do anything in my power to help.
-Lestrange
BY

Bài viết: 306

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #1 vào lúc: Tháng Năm 17, 2009, 01:30:10 PM »

Hello, Lestrange.

BY .
Dế Mèn

Bài viết: 7

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #2 vào lúc: Tháng Năm 17, 2009, 02:13:31 PM »

Hello Lestrange,

Wow!  This is a great start!  Really appreciate your sharings already...it's like a union of great born Bliss and Emptiness.

Welcome Aboard,
De Men (Cricket!)
bt

Bài viết: 382

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #3 vào lúc: Tháng Năm 17, 2009, 02:59:09 PM »

If you ask me what is the meaning of life. I'll probably just ask you the same exact thing.
Life is a broad subject, but the question that you should have asked was what is the meaning of your life.
To fully understand meditation you have to understand who you are first. Listen to your thoughts, what you are thinking. If most of your thoughts are on love, ask yourself if its really worth picturing about the perfect man? Well I don't want to sound bias but your just wasting your time. Every human being wants love, they want somebody to hold, somebody to be intimate with. But if you think about it have you ever seen true love? Sure in books and movies, but in reality, love is a silent karma something that distracts us. I'm not telling you to not fall in love. I'm simply asking you to think about what other things you can do instead of dreaming about a lover and start thinking about more important things.
But love is a different story if your thinking about more complex things like your children, let's break love into different branches. Love is a very powerful thing that is beautiful but very avengence. It tears you down on all of you problems, you hurt yourself to help someone you love. But that's just all in the web of karma. So I'm just simply stating if you are a thinker or dreamer, consider this: Love is karma try your best to avoid the complexities of it by not having too many high expectations, your just letting karma clawing its way through your life, but of course love is something that everyone wants, so before you day dream meditate first and explore your needs and separate your wants or you will just end up hurting yourself.
If you think about the past and let it bother you and wear you down, I won't tell you to stop thinking about it. But I will ask you why are you thinking about it? Why are you letting a complication ruin your life. If it really bothers you that bad than just ask yourself why it happened, was it meant to be, go back to it, figure out what really haunts you, if you can fix it, do your best to fix it, if you can't, tell yourself you tried your best, forgive, move on. Live. Forget. Don't dwell on mistakes, learn and make tomorrow a better day. If you dwell on problems promise yourself tomorrow you will be a better person, you will grow wiser and stronger, you will attempt to find a solution, if you can't you will forgive yourself, forgive the problem, Know that you have done what you can do, and just move on. Don't promise me that, promise yourself that.
If you think about the past or the future. Don't. Think about now, the present, what can you do to help yourself. To help free your soul and live with no more remorse or sorrows. What can you do to understand the reason why you are living. To understand why you wake up every morning and go to bed every night.
Life is a game, a game you can never win, a game of karma against you. Everything you think or say depends on you so listen to this don't let little or big things bother you, don't dwell on your problems. Ask yourself what you can do to be a better person, control your thoughts, your tempers, your sorrows. Most of all control your actions and understand yourself. Understand why things happened and then understand that whatever you have done in the past has created you and who you are right now.
Understand that you are in control that you do have a mind. Do not underestimate what your brain can do. You can explore it in so many different ways with meditation.
Life is like a dream a very long dream and your just waiting to wake up. Funny I wish we could all wake up. But in a way I believe it is I use to always ask myself what's the point of this crazy cycle that we have here on this planet 'your born, go through childhood, school, work, raise a family, watch them get old, die, and than you start all over again.' Woo... fun cycle right. Well what you can do is to understand and help yourself by meditation and helping other people learn to meditate. Buddha didn't create Earth, no, we created earth. Karma created it. Because of what we have done in the past has led us to this life now. All we can do right now is to meditate, master meditation, teach others to meditate, and then free ourselves from this world.
-Lestrange

Tạm Dịch:

Cuộc đời có ý nghĩa gì ?  Nếu bạn hỏi tui câu này, có lẻ tui cũng sẽ hỏi lại bạn y như vậy.  Có lẻ câu hỏi chính xác hơn là:  Ý nghĩa cuộc sống của bạn là gì?

Để hiểu về thiền, trước tiên bạn nên hiểu về bạn trước.  Lắng nghe những suy nghĩ  và dòng tư tưởng của bạn.  Nếu những suy nghĩ của bạn về tình yêu, hãy hỏi chính bạn có thật sự đáng để vẻ ra một người bạn đời lý tưởng nhất và tốt nhất không?  Tôi không muốn làm bạn không vui, nhưng bạn chỉ tốn thời gian để mong ước có một người bạn đời tốt nhất và lý tưởng nhất.  Con người ai không muốn có tình yêu.  Họ muốn có một người bạn đời để tâm sự, yêu thương, và chia sẽ với nhau trong cuộc sống.  Nhưng có ai thực sự có được một tình yêu thực sự không?  Đương nhiên bạn có thể tìm thấy những tình yêu này trong sách và phim ảnh, nhưng thực tế, tình yêu là một Nhân Quả Thầm Lặng.  Tui không cản bạn vào tình yêu.  Tôi chỉ muốn bạn suy nghĩ về những điều quang trọng có thể làm hơn là ngồi mơ mộng về tình yêu xa vời.

Tình yêu là một vấn đề khác nửa nếu bạn nghĩ xa hơn như vấn đề con cái.  Hãy chia tình yêu ra nhiều phần khác nhau.  Tình yêu là một sức mạnh đẹp đẽ nhưng đồng thời nó cũng là một thứ hận thù.  Nó đánh bạn gục ngã trên những vấn đề nan giải của bạn.  Bạn sẵn sàng quên mình để giúp người bạn thương.  Nhưng, tất cả những điều đó đều rơi vào vấn đề Nhân Quả của bạn.  Tôi chỉ đơn giản nói rằng nếu bạn là người hay mơ mộng, hãy để ý điều này:  Tình yêu là Nhân Quả.  Hãy cố gắng bỏ qua những sự phức tạp của Nhân Quả bằng cách đừng đòi hỏi nhiều quá trong tình yêu.  Nếu không, bạn đang để cho Nhân quả có dịp lộng hành và cấu xé cuộc đời bạn.  Vì vậy, trước khi bạn mơ mộng vu vơ, hãy thiền định trước và tìm hiểu về bạn và tách rời với những cái đòi hỏi đó.  Nếu không, bạn có thể chỉ tự làm khổ mình

Bạn suy nghĩ về quá khứ và để cho nó quấy nhiễu bạn.  Tui không nói bạn đừng suy nghĩ về quá khứ, nhưng tại sao bạn lại suy nghĩ về nó.  Tại sao bạn để những sự phức tạp phá rối cuộc sống của bạn.  Có cần thiết phải như vậy không?  Bạn hãy tìm xem cái gì thực sự phá rối bạn.  Nếu bạn có thể thay đổi được, hãy cố gắng hết sức mình để sửa đổi.  Nếu bạn không thể, hãy nói với bạn là bạn đã tận sức.  Hãy tha thứ, tiếp tục sống, và quên đi quá khứ.  Đừng mặc cảm về sự sai lầm của bạn, hãy học hỏi từ sự sai lầm đó và sống ngày mai tốt đẹp hơn.  Nếu bạn mặc cảm về một nan đề của bạn, hãy hứa với bạn ngày mai bạn sẽ là một người tốt hơn, bạn sẽ khôn hơn, mạnh mẻ hơn, và sẽ tìm ra cách giải quyết khi có chuyện.  Nếu bạn không thể tìm ra cách giải quyết, hãy tha thứ cho chính bạn, tha thứ luôn cái nghịch cảnh trớ trêu của cuộc đời.  Hãy hiểu rằng bạn đã làm những gì bạn có thể, và tiếp tục tiến bước.  Hãy hứa với bản thân của bạn như vậy.

Nếu bạn nghĩ về quá khứ hay tương lai, Đừng!  Hãy nghĩ về hiện tại.  Bạn có thể làm gì ngay bây giờ giúp chính bạn giải thoát và sống không còn sự hối hận và đau khổ.  Bạn có thể làm điều gì để hiểu tại sao bạn đang sống, tại sao bạn thức dậy mỗi sáng và lại đi ngủ mỗi tối.

Đời là một cuộc chơi.  Một cuộc chơi mà bạn không bao giờ thắng, cuộc chơi của Nhân Quả đang bày bố cho bạn.  Những gì bạn nghĩ hay nói đều từ bạn mà ra, vì vậy đừng để chuyện nhỏ hay lớn quấy nhiễu bạn.  Đừng sống trong sự nan giải của bạn.  Hãy hỏi chính bạn những gì bạn có thể làm để trở thành người tốt đẹp hơn.  Điều khiển dòng tư tưởng, sự nóng giận, và nỗi đau của  bạn, và nhất là phải điều khiển hay kềm chế những hành động của bạn.  Hãy hiểu rằng những gì đã xảy ra trong quá khứ giúp bạn trưởng thành và trở thành người như bây giờ.  Hãy hiểu rằng bạn điều khiển được chính bạn, và bạn có sự suy nghĩ.  Đừng xem thường bộ óc của bạn.  Bạn có thể khám phá nó bằng nhiều cách khác nhau qua Thiền.

Đời như là giấc mộng dài và chúng ta đang chờ để tỉnh mộng.  Thật buồn cười tui mong ước tất cả chúng ta đều tỉnh giấc mộng này.  Tôi vẫn luôn hỏi bản thân tôi rằng cái mục đích của cái giấc mộng điên khùng trên trái đất này là gì.  Bạn sanh ra, lớn lên, đi học, đi làm, lập gia đình, già, rồi chết.  Và rồi, bạn lập đi lập lại cái vòng lẩn quẩn này, và cứ như thế ...  Thật buồn cười!  Những gì bạn có thể làm là cố gắng hiểu và giúp đở bản thân bạn bằng con đường hành thiền và giúp đỡ những người khác có cơ hội tập thiền như bạn.  Đức Phật không tạo ra trái đất.  Chúng ta là người đã tạo ra trái đất này.  Nghiệp quả tạo ra nó bởi vì chúng ta đã tạo ra rất nhiều nghiệp quả trong quá khứ và bây giờ chính chúng ta lại sống trong nghiệp và nhân quả đó.  Những gì chúng mình có thể làm được là Thiền, nghiên cứu và thông thạo về thiền, hướng dẫn những người khác cùng thiền để giải thoát chúng ta khỏi thế giới ô trược này.  Nếu có thắc mắc, bạn có thể hỏi tôi.  Tôi sẽ làm những gì trong khả năng của mình để giúp bạn. 

« Sửa lần cuối: Tháng Năm 17, 2009, 04:45:48 PM gửi bởi bt » Logged
Catherine Lestrange

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #4 vào lúc: Tháng Năm 18, 2009, 07:34:13 PM »

Trích dẫn
Hello, Lestrange.

BY .

Hello BY,
I'm Lestrange feel free to talk to me anytime. Thanks for reading I hope you liked it.
Catherine Lestrange

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #5 vào lúc: Tháng Năm 18, 2009, 07:35:15 PM »

Trích dẫn
Hello Lestrange,

Wow!  This is a great start!  Really appreciate your sharings already...it's like a union of great born Bliss and Emptiness.

Welcome Aboard,
De Men (Cricket!)

Why thank you. That's very nice of you De Men. Feel free to ask me anything.
CO DON
Khách
« Trả lời #6 vào lúc: Tháng Năm 18, 2009, 10:12:51 PM »

Toi khong biet tieng Anh, nhung doc bai dich cua ban BT toi thay rat hay, rat chi li.... Chan thanh cam on ban da goi bai viet nay len HSTD. Chuc ban + moi nguoi an lac va tinh tan.
A DI DA PHAT.
« Sửa lần cuối: Tháng Năm 18, 2009, 10:16:46 PM gửi bởi CO DON » Logged
Dế Mèn

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #7 vào lúc: Tháng Sáu 18, 2009, 09:02:13 PM »

Hello Lestrange,

How are you feeling?  Hope your strength is back to normal.  I have so many questions concerning Buddhist practices since there are so many sects (i.e. Hinayana, Mahayana, Vajrayana/tantrayana, Paramitayana, etc.).  To begin, here are a few questions that I have:
1. What group do you belong to or how would you categorize your main practice?
2. How would you define "Dharmakaya, Sambhogakaya, and Nirmanakaya" and how would one differentiate them in meditation?
3. The word Buddha means "one who becomes conscious".  Can you explain what this word really means?
4. When one realizes samadhi, vipassana, and wisdom of emptiness, what is left to be learned or experienced?
5.  From your "Knowing" and "Seeing", what is the quickest way to achieve full enlightenment?

BTW, did you get the name "Lestrange" from Harry Potter?  Does that mean "Death Eater"?

Wish you always have the good health and happiness!
Dế Mèn
GiacTanh

Bài viết: 165

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #8 vào lúc: Tháng Tám 17, 2009, 02:42:25 PM »

Actually, the question about: what is the meaning of your life should be changed to what is the meaning of LOVE?

This is an old age question and has multitude answers by many human beings from various paths of life; yet, I found Lestrange's understanding is most profound.

LOVE is Karma.

It's just like I tuned into your frequency but the sound was not so clear yet due to noises and then gradually the sound became more crystally clear that I am now on the same wavelength.

It's STRANGE, because I was about to break down each of the paragraph that Lestrange wrote to refute a point of two.

Therefore I will end it here and sit on this wave travel through life and examine it concurrently.

Thanks,
GiacTanh

-Lestrange

BY

Bài viết: 306

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #9 vào lúc: Tháng Tám 18, 2009, 08:12:37 PM »

Explanation is not always effective . People have to realize things for themselves .

Practice is important to help develop Insight and eventually Realization ...

BY .
lotusviet

Bài viết: 204

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #10 vào lúc: Tháng Tám 30, 2009, 05:45:58 AM »

-Lestrange

Hightly appreciated . I love meditation but so far i do not how to start , pls help me. I hope to meet someone , or a master to guide me.
Lotusviet
Kirin

Bài viết: 9

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #11 vào lúc: Tháng Mười Hai 20, 2009, 07:34:54 AM »

hello

this is a place for buddhists to discuss about buddhism, am i right? so why have you deleted my post and my nickname white_dragon? you claim to be Buddhist but can be easily angered by a simple question? i registered an account here because my parents told me to do so, but now i'm dissappointed, because your reaction shows me that you are just ordinary people, but talk big, talk about being good. is deleting an account of someone who wants o share his thoughts with this community good karma?

Om Ma Ni Pad Me Hum
bt

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #12 vào lúc: Tháng Mười Hai 20, 2009, 08:10:28 AM »

hello

this is a place for buddhists to discuss about buddhism, am i right? so why have you deleted my post and my nickname white_dragon? you claim to be Buddhist but can be easily angered by a simple question? i registered an account here because my parents told me to do so, but now i'm dissappointed, because your reaction shows me that you are just ordinary people, but talk big, talk about being good. is deleting an account of someone who wants o share his thoughts with this community good karma?

Hello Saburo,

It might have been a mistake due to many ads accessed to the forum.  This English room has been quiet for a while.  Hopefully, with your attention here, we could share some good dicussion about buddhism.  There are few young folks from 10 to 15 years of age practising meditation also joined in this forum.  How do you know this forum?  Majority of people here are vietnamese, arent' you? :-)  Let's talk!  and I hope other folks will join you :-)
Kirin

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #13 vào lúc: Tháng Mười Hai 21, 2009, 02:03:19 AM »

hello bt! thank you for your friendly reply. i am vietnamese, too. Grin but as ive been living in an european country since my birth & as Ive been lazy to learn Vietnamese, this English Corner is the only place I can discuss with you.

back to my question: what is meditation for?

lestrange, i just read your text. everything you described above is something that many people think. you wonder why this "crazy cycle" exist? every buddhist man/woman knows about this crazy cycle and wants to break through. according to Buddha, everyone of us can become Buddha. But I ask you one thing: Why, in this second of reading, doesn't everyone in this world just become enlightened??

There are so many Buddhist following other Buddhist monks, listening to Buddha's teachings; some in order to become Buddha, others just to have a better life after rebirth. They do good things, meditate & try to be better persons. Ok, there is a big probability that these people will have a better life for example as an angel or whatever. But some time later they will fall back & become "lower beings", beings for which it will be hard to get connected to Buddha teaching. then there will be many rebirths until they are reborn Human & then have the opportunity to learn Buddha's teachings or other.
I don't wanna break through this cycle. It doesn't bother me, I accept it. I don't care if in my next life I will be a mouse killed by a cat or if I'm gonna get hurt million times in hell. What comes will come. This is the system that works. When there are good people, there must be bad people. When there are englightened ones, there must be non-enlightened ones. Is it possible that everyone reading this forum will be enlightened in this life? i don't think so...

lestrange talks about human beings thinking about their past because they have done something wrong & at the moment can't forget about it. every time they have that in their mind they always think "Why did I do that? Why didn't I....?"
I fully agree with lestrange. you shouldn't think about your past the whole time. because the past does not exist. it is good if you learn from the past, but always thinking about it only harms you.

lestrange also says "If you think about the past or the future. Don't. Think about now, the present, what can you do to help yourself."

but if you don't think about the future you can't go to work. because you don't think that tomorrow you have to work. so your life in this world can't go on except you are a monk...

in my opinion this life has no meaning. everything has no meaning. it's just that human beings give everything meanings...thats all to it...

i have another theory fetched from a very intelligent indian philosopher... do you know why many ppl follow the dharma but most of them cannot be enlightened?

this philosopher said that every man following a religion... listening to higher buddhist monks... they don't change that much after getting so much information. because this is all entertainment for them. talking about life, death, rebirth, the way to break through the cycle, the other worlds... all that is entertainment to these people...

this discussion is also entertainment... yes, also for me... Grin

that's the reason why we at the moment do not become enlightened...
« Sửa lần cuối: Tháng Mười Hai 21, 2009, 02:41:48 AM gửi bởi saburo » Logged

Om Ma Ni Pad Me Hum
bt

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #14 vào lúc: Tháng Mười Hai 21, 2009, 10:15:55 AM »

hello bt! thank you for your friendly reply. i am vietnamese, too. Grin but as ive been living in an european country since my birth & as Ive been lazy to learn Vietnamese, this English Corner is the only place I can discuss with you.

back to my question: what is meditation for?

For enligtenment.

Trích dẫn
lestrange, i just read your text. everything you described above is something that many people think. you wonder why this "crazy cycle" exist? every buddhist man/woman knows about this crazy cycle and wants to break through. according to Buddha, everyone of us can become Buddha. But I ask you one thing: Why, in this second of reading, doesn't everyone in this world just become enlightened??

There are so many Buddhist following other Buddhist monks, listening to Buddha's teachings; some in order to become Buddha, others just to have a better life after rebirth. They do good things, meditate & try to be better persons. Ok, there is a big probability that these people will have a better life for example as an angel or whatever. But some time later they will fall back & become "lower beings", beings for which it will be hard to get connected to Buddha teaching. then there will be many rebirths until they are reborn Human & then have the opportunity to learn Buddha's teachings or other.
I don't wanna break through this cycle. It doesn't bother me, I accept it. I don't care if in my next life I will be a mouse killed by a cat or if I'm gonna get hurt million times in hell. What comes will come. This is the system that works. When there are good people, there must be bad people. When there are englightened ones, there must be non-enlightened ones. Is it possible that everyone reading this forum will be enlightened in this life? i don't think so...

You're right about reading on this forum will not be enlightened, but practising will do.

Trích dẫn
lestrange talks about human beings thinking about their past because they have done something wrong & at the moment can't forget about it. every time they have that in their mind they always think "Why did I do that? Why didn't I....?"
I fully agree with lestrange. you shouldn't think about your past the whole time. because the past does not exist. it is good if you learn from the past, but always thinking about it only harms you.

lestrange also says "If you think about the past or the future. Don't. Think about now, the present, what can you do to help yourself."

but if you don't think about the future you can't go to work. because you don't think that tomorrow you have to work. so your life in this world can't go on except you are a monk...

in my opinion this life has no meaning. everything has no meaning. it's just that human beings give everything meanings...thats all to it...

i have another theory fetched from a very intelligent indian philosopher... do you know why many ppl follow the dharma but most of them cannot be enlightened?

There are four stages of enlightenment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_stages_of_enlightenment).  At the very least to my acknowledge, there are some people being enlightened to the level of Sotapanna (Stream-enterer) in this forum, and many others practising this meditation are accessing to higher level of enlightenment.

Trích dẫn
this philosopher said that every man following a religion... listening to higher buddhist monks... they don't change that much after getting so much information. because this is all entertainment for them. talking about life, death, rebirth, the way to break through the cycle, the other worlds... all that is entertainment to these people...

this discussion is also entertainment... yes, also for me... Grin

that's the reason why we at the moment do not become enlightened...

Yes sir!  Practising The Right Method could change one self to the right path.  
Dế Mèn

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #15 vào lúc: Tháng Mười Hai 21, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »

Hello Saburo!

I can see that many of my non-Buddhist friends have the same perception like yours:  There's nothing wrong in this samsaric (cyclical) system, what goes up must come down, etc.  I always hear things like "Show me the money, then I believe".  I am a Christian who practice Buddhist meditation for the last four years and have many great experiences.

I gather that you are quite logical and somewhat scientific, therefore you should keep analyzing Buddha's Dharma such as the Four Noble Truths (Moral, Meditation, and Wisdom of Emptiness) and the Eight Fold Path.  The path to enlightenment is not that far fetched.  Actually, the word "Buddha" in sanskrit simply means "One who becomes conscious".  One should start with observing how things and all phenomena truly exist, then yourself: How the "I" exist.

To sum it up, one need to have three aspects of the path:
1.  Morality:  Renunciation of this samsaric world (this is hard when you see nothing wrong with this cyclic existence... :-))).  One must have the Right View.
2.  Right Meditation:  The see things as they truly are:  scientifically things are always changing (Impermanent) and there is no independent existence (selfless).  So, the Right Meditation is definitely needed here and there are many methods/teachings on this that you can learn from this forum.  First is to calm the mind, second is to gain insight.
3.  Wisdom:  All things arise from causes and conditions.  One must realize the emptiness, the true nature of things.  You may wonder "why do we need to realize emptiness?"  We don't wish to suffer, and we know that the root of suffering is the "untamed Mind".  When our mind perceives and understand things mistakenly, negative emotions arise and we suffer.  To avoid this, we must develop the unmistaken mind, the intelligence that perceives the true nature of phenomena.

I hope you enjoy this sharing.
Kirin

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #16 vào lúc: Tháng Mười Hai 23, 2009, 04:19:19 AM »

hi BT & De Men!

thank you for your replies.

I wanna learn some methods of meditation. I heard there is a master in this forum who shows ppl the way they should meditate. do you know how I can contact him?

Om Ma Ni Pad Me Hum
bt

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #17 vào lúc: Tháng Mười Hai 23, 2009, 08:58:45 AM »

hi BT & De Men!

thank you for your replies.

I wanna learn some methods of meditation. I heard there is a master in this forum who shows ppl the way they should meditate. do you know how I can contact him?

Ichimonji!!! sould like japanese :-) :-)  You ask the very important and "to the point" question :-) :-).  I will try to explain to you what the master and the followers can do on this forum; therefore, you'll have a better point of view about this forum/website.  There are a lot of terms in buddhism that I can't have enough words to explain in the moment, I will use my "to quơ" (ELS) English to make it as possible as I can :-) :-)

(Bà con cô bác, có ai biết chút tiếng Anh, vô đây "tu quơ" với bt cho vui).

First, the "general" method is translated into English here for your reference:  
http://www.hoasentrenda.com/smf/index.php?topic=462.0

I said "general" because each individual who wants to pratise this method from the master (I call him "Chú Tibu) the master will use his "third eye" to find what method should be suitable for this individual.  If one is suitable for Sammatha method, he will look again to see what kasina will be right for him/her.

If you know someone are dead and not sure whether their souls are in the pureland or other bad places, you can request a prayer for these people in room "Chia Vui".  The master and other folowers will use their ability to pray these souls to the pureland of Amitabah, and they will tell you what level in the nine levels that soul are come.  There are a lot more than these two basic things on this forum, which the communication is in vietnamese.

Take your time to explore the forum, and of course ask any question you have, the master or other people may join you here on this forum.  Whenever you feel ready to start meditating/practising this method, just ask!  :-) :-) :-)

Kirin

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #18 vào lúc: Tháng Mười Hai 23, 2009, 01:50:42 PM »

thank you BT!  Smiley

Om Ma Ni Pad Me Hum
Trang: [1]   Lên
  In  

Chuyển tới: