Hoa Sen Trên Đá

An Trú Chánh Niệm Đằng Trước Mặt

Tháng Mười Một 22, 2017, 02:07:49 AM *
Chào Khách. Bạn có thể đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký.

Đăng nhập với Tên truy nhập, Mật khẩu và thời gian tự động thoát
Tin tức     1 người đang vào nhập cốc. Tổng số nhập cốc: 1. Thời điểm cùng nhập cốc nhiều nhất: 12:34 AM

Trang chủ diễn đàn   Trợ giúp Tìm kiếm Lịch Đăng nhập Đăng ký  
Trang: [1]   Xuống
  In  
Tác giả Chủ đề: The Glass and Non-Acceptance of the Stirred ????  (Đọc 3932 lần)
0 Thành viên và 1 Khách đang xem chủ đề.
BY

Bài viết: 306

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« vào lúc: Tháng Tám 08, 2009, 06:36:34 AM »

Hello GiacTanh,

<< The glass of water get stirred up eventually get to settle down, but the there is still a glass of water (still or in motion).
You are right about it's not acceptance as the glass of water does not accept its condition (still/moving) but the environment whose stirred it up or not. >>

I really like the above lines you wrote .  I would like to share some ideas just popped to my mind .

I think "I" is the glass . Anything inside the glass becomes "I" too , so we have a  glass of orange juice , a glass of water , a glass of mixed fruit juices , a glass of tea , etc .  

I think "I" is a new glass with some of the old content . The previous glass might be opaque , blue , and tall , but the next glass might be clear and much shorter . Again , glass of orange juice with more or less diluted with water , etc .

Let's add the stirring of the juice and a spoon to stir it .

I think "I" is now a glass of half full juice being stirred with a spoon . The glass of orange juice now include stirred juice and a spoon . If we were to add few thin slices of lemon , "I" is now the glass of orange juice having stirred juice, lemon slices , and a spoon .

Let's see how the idea of Non-Acceptance might fit into this "I, the glass" analogy .

Shall it be the following ? "I" am not the juice , "I" am not the glass , "I" am not the glass + juice + spoon + stirred . The physical glass "I" is there , but Non-Acceptance (who is this but "I, the glass") can not accept the glass, the juice, the stirred, the spoon . "I, the glass" is none of that !  Shall we call this the "No I" ?  French calls it verre , American calls it glass, Vietnamese calls it cái Ly ; so Non-Acceptance is .... like find a cup and pour all that content into a cup , that French calls it tasse , American calls it cup , Vietnamese calls it cái tách . The content can also be changed from orange juice to coffee , tea , mixed juice , water , etc .  Non-Acceptance "this way of thinking" is still bound inside the perception of "I, the container" and "I, the content" whatever they are .  I guess the anology itself is stuck !!! It is not a good analogy for the concept of "I" and "Non-Acceptance" .

How about everything is there (whatever content and whatever container) but viewing as "event".  The container is an "event" , the content is an "event" . Events change . Nothing stays the same . "That" is Impermanence , Non-Existence . So until "event" can be readily understood all the time , the "I, the container" can be viewed and momentarily eradicated in the moment that "event changes" is known . The Insight Meditation or Vipassana practices is a method that, if applied constantly, can reveal the Impermanence (event changes) in the moment , right when the view of "I" exist . Kinh Bat Nha detailed this practice of eradication of "I" (attached to each and every aggregate that arise in the moment), from moment to moment .

Buddha might practice the Big Wheel but he taught the Small Wheel , and claimed that "I" (the handful of leaves) only need to know this much in order to liberate myself .

I don't understand the Big Wheel and am not interested in practicing it , but I respect the Big Effort anyway . It is interesting to see the Big Wheel students (not the Master or the advanced practitioners) make effort to convert those of us who choose the Small Wheel as the way of life and practice .

In the Small Wheel practice , everything is "event changes", so Impermanence is the key to the practice . The Big Wheel uses the Permanence from lifetime to lifetime , from individual linking to the big universe , but they are simply "event changes" from the Small Wheel point of view .  You can see the world far away but that view will end somehow someday , that world will end too someday . Everything is event , and thus it changes , Impermanence , so the Small Wheel only needs to use the small world (body and mind) and observe "event change" all the time too .  The Four Noble Truths let one knows where one is in the practice , and so, Suffering (the First Noble Truth) is the key to the practice . End of Suffering means Impermanence and Selfless ; these 3 words refer to the same "thing" (impermanence).

The discussion I read (or scanned) so far talk about "No I" using the analogy of <  "I" am not the juice , "I" am not the glass , "I" am not the glass + juice + spoon + stirred . > , so "No I" , so Selfless . But Selfless is a only a word for Impermanence , for "event changes" . Discussion about "words" is the work of scholars . The Small Wheel practitioners try to exert effort in order to view things as "event changes" that helps keep a balanced mind (end of Suffering in the moment).

BY .
GiacTanh

Bài viết: 165

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #1 vào lúc: Tháng Tám 11, 2009, 03:23:58 PM »

In the Small Wheel practice , everything is "event changes", so Impermanence is the key to the practice . The Big Wheel uses the Permanence from lifetime to lifetime , from individual linking to the big universe , but they are simply "event changes" from the Small Wheel point of view .  You can see the world far away but that view will end somehow someday , that world will end too someday . Everything is event , and thus it changes , Impermanence , so the Small Wheel only needs to use the small world (body and mind) and observe "event change" all the time too .  The Four Noble Truths let one knows where one is in the practice , and so, Suffering (the First Noble Truth) is the key to the practice . End of Suffering means Impermanence and Selfless ; these 3 words refer to the same "thing" (impermanence).

Now, you are entering the arena of what I would like to get the point across in an ealier post.

The GLASS by form, material and content are just "things (Dhramas, events etc ...)" that represent what is the "I" now.  Apparently, the "I" is constantly changing but that particular "I" has its "things" forming/linking from many lives before now and many more later according to Buddhism.  Therefore, brother Tibu and those Nhi can link back to many lives had lived in the past of time and recognized each "individual(s)" distinctively.

Although, Buddhism does not accept a typical "soul" being "permanently" yet having an open-ended "being" has been drifting through many lives in the world of Samsara until Buddhahood is attained.   Namely: Gautama Buddha, Amitabha Buddha, etc ...

One day, this "BY" will attain Buddhahood with the name: Babitama Buddha too, let's say and there is an enormous record of data about who you are (not GiacTanh, Tibu or those Nhi) .

Selfless ?
Impermanent ?

Yet, records of data showing of who you are versus others'.

GiacTanh
BY

Bài viết: 306

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #2 vào lúc: Tháng Tám 11, 2009, 05:17:24 PM »

Hello GiacTanh,

Have no idea what you talked about, and I'm ok with not understanding.

GiacTanh wrote: "Although, Buddhism does not accept a typical "soul" being "permanently" ...."

The word "Buddhism" is where beliefs don't meet. Let's agree to disagree.

Thank you for trying to explain to me about your beliefs.

BY.
GiacTanh

Bài viết: 165

Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
« Trả lời #3 vào lúc: Tháng Tám 17, 2009, 01:54:39 PM »

Hello GiacTanh,

Have no idea what you talked about, and I'm ok with not understanding.

GiacTanh wrote: "Although, Buddhism does not accept a typical "soul" being "permanently" ...."

The word "Buddhism" is where beliefs don't meet. Let's agree to disagree.

Thank you for trying to explain to me about your beliefs.

BY.

Buddhism is a family of beliefs (not only beliefs as you would think, BY) and practices variously described as religious, spiritual and philosophical.

It's OK that you are not understanding it now and I do not intent to persuade you in any way either.

Practice what you feel most comfortable then.  Agree with you every inches of the way to the Buddha's teaching and practices.

Metta,
GiacTanh
Trang: [1]   Lên
  In  

Chuyển tới: